The lovely and beautiful Mackenzie brought her ideas and pictures to me a few months ago and we started brainstorming, shopping, and sewing. It took some time but we were finally on track to get a couple adorable outfits done for her and her daughter. Then life happened, weather happened, etc, and we got sidetracked. Knowing the weather wasn’t going to cooperate with us much longer, I set out to finish her dress. It was a remake of a 1950’s pattern, and “supposedly” had been resized to be current. Ha. There was NO way she, or I, would fit into the top I sewed. So I embarked on an endeavor to get a new pattern. Something JoAnn Fabrics does not like to assist with. But persistence won out (it was a $17 pattern!), and I recut and resewed the top 4 sizes bigger. Much better. We picked a day that looked like it would be tolerable and met at two separate locations, one for her and her current ride, and one for her and her daughter. The weather held for us and as long as we let sweet “E” go in and warm up every so often, we managed to avoid the ‘rudolph’s red nose’ look. I LOVE the way they turned out, and the dedication Mackenzie had in pulling it all together!
+ Add Your Voice